Jaden Smith Talks AFTER EARTH, Filming in Costa Rica, His Music, Skateboarding, & His Desire to be in the MEN IN BLACK Franchise
With director M. Night Shyamalan’s After Earth opening this weekend, Sony Pictures invited us to the Virgin Galactic Spaceport in New Mexico for the press junket. As you can imagine, it was an amazing place to talk about the movie. If you’re not familiar with the plot, After Earth stars Will Smith and Jaden Smith as a father and son who crash land on a post-apocalyptic Earth, and it’s up to the son to fight for survival when the father is seriously injured. For more on the film, watch three clips and some behind-the-scenes footage. After Earth also stars Sophie Okonedo and Zoe Kravitz.
During our interview with Jaden Smith, he talked about why he took such a long break since The Karate Kid, how he prepared for After Earth, the best part of filming in Costa Rica, his love of skateboarding and what tricks he can do, and his desire to be in the Men in Black franchise. Hit the jump to watch.
- Talks about skateboarding and what tricks he can do
- Talks about why such a long break between Karate Kid and After Earth. Has to do with his dad. Says it won’t be such a long time for his next film and also how he’s going to be doing more music.
- How did the script change during the development process and how did he prepare for the role
- What was the best part of filming in Costa Rica
- Has he mentioned to his dad that he could be a Men in Black officer